Please read this section carefully before you make a payment.
- Whilst we ensure a high professional standard of instruction, care and safety, all our clients must be aware that participation in mountaineering activities involves an acceptance of risk and of responsibility for the consequences of one’s own actions.
- Mountaineering, even when undertaken with Guides, Instructors and Leaders is an adventure pursuit with high levels of uncertainty and potential risk. No specific element of an advertised service can be guaranteed with certainty in these environments.
- When engaging the services of West Coast Mountain Guides Ltd., you are hiring a Guide, Instructor or Leader for their expertise and not for the guaranteed successful outcome with respect to a specific objective, route or summit. The Guide, Instructor or Leader will do their very best to ensure success with respect to those specific objectives, however, this cannot be guaranteed as safety is always the overriding priority. If it is clear from the outset that the advertised or primary objective is not feasible on the grounds of safety, then an alternative objective will be offered for the same date(s).
- Our advertised courses and expeditions are open to anyone of appropriate and relevant experience. Participants under the age of 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times.
- West Coast Mountain Guides Ltd reserve the right to allocate each participant or booking a freelance Guide, Instructor or Leader, who will be fully insured and appropriately experienced.
- Our Guides, Instructors and Leaders reserve the right to exclude any member from a participation on planned mountain activities if he or she might endanger the success or safety of the rest of the party through lack of fitness, ill-health, poor acclimatisation or dangerous technique or believed to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. We can make no refunds of fees paid to members so excluded.
- Any members of our courses or expeditions who act in contravention of the decisions or advice of their Guide, Instructor or Leader, or else undertake independent mountaineering activities during the course or expedition period forfeit all professional protection and duty of care from the Guide, Instructor or Leader.
- The information on our website is for guidance. We make every effort to ensure it is correct but cannot be responsible for any inaccuracies or subsequent alterations of itineraries which are beyond our control either before or during any scheduled trip.
- All terms and conditions between clients and West Coast Mountain Guides Ltd are to be governed by and held under the exclusive jurisdiction of Scottish Law and heard in an Scottish Court.
- I am physically fit for the course I have chosen.
- I accept that participation in adventurous activities entails a risk of injury. West Coast Mountain Guides staff are trained and appropriately qualified to run activities and will at all times proceed in a manner to limit the risk of injury.
- I accept and agree to the course being supervised by appropriately qualified Mountain Guides, Instructors or Leaders in accordance with the staffing details on the web site.
- I have had brought to my attention the Terms and Conditions relating to this booking, in particular, those concerning cancellation.
- I understand that bookings are accepted on the understanding that West Coast Mountain Guides regulations are observed.
- I accept that West Coast Mountain Guides, is not under any liability whatsoever in respect of loss or damage to personal property, not caused by the negligence or default of West Coast Mountain Guides, its suppliers, its agents and employees whilst attending the course.
- Bookings are only confirmed once a deposit of 50% of the course fee has been paid. Individual booking forms should be submitted as soon as possible after payment of deposit.
- All balances must be paid six weeks prior to the commencement date of the course. If fees are not received by then we are under no obligation to hold your reservation.
- If a booking is made within the six week period prior to commencement the whole fee must be submitted upon booking.
Cancellation by the client
- Deposits will be refunded less a £50 booking charge if the booking is cancelled more than six weeks (42 calendar days) before the start of the course.
- In the event of later cancellation up to four weeks (28 calendar days) before commencement, we will refund 50% of the total fee; thereafter no refunds can be made. Cancellation insurance cover is highly recommended to all clients.
- In the event of having to cancel due to self-isolating, either because you or someone in your household are showing symptoms of COVID-19, we are unable to refund you. Please ensure that you have taken out a suitable insurance policy that will cover you in this event.
Cancellation by West Coast Mountain Guides
- Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that advertised courses/activities actually run, the company will notify the customer of cancellation as soon as practicable where it believes on reasonable grounds that cancellation is necessary due to dangerous and/or unsuitable conditions for the advertised course/activity and other alternative options.
- In the event of cancellation by the Company for reasons listed in the previous term or due to updated COVID-19 guidelines and/or restrictions issued by the government, customers will be offered the choice of the following options:
- A full refund of the guiding or instructional fee paid; or
- Another booking on a different date; or
- A voucher to the equivalent of fees paid which can be redeemed against a future booking
- We accept no liability for the consequences of strikes, riots, acts of war or terrorism, disease outbreaks, government intervention, natural disasters, or adverse weather conditions. If such occurrences cause us to have to cancel a course or trip we will offer an alternative holiday if possible, but accept no liability for the return of fees paid prior to cancellation or curtailment.
Please note that we are unable to refund any associated costs, such as accommodation or transport costs.
Address: 66 Riverside Park, Fort William, Inverness-Shire, PH33 7RB
Company number: 08463719
E-mail: [email protected]